<$BlogRSDURL$>

20041017

Note similarity in tone and character dynamics between Buffalo ’66 (1998) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s 2nd episode in season 2, “Some Assembly Required” (air date 019970922).

When I was maybe 9 years old, I had a homework assignment to make a list of homonyms, which assignment I took more seriously than any of my classmates, eventually accounting for several hundred such words on the specific list and resulting in ongoing if intermittent additions every few weeks or months since. That assignment oddly represents one of the most influential parts of my primary schooling. Anyway, this afternoon at work, I typed the word “peaked” and happily recognized it as another whiz-bang homonym. Thus: peak, peek, pique; and their array of inflected forms: peeking, peaking, piquing; peeks, peaks, piques; and so on. Lovely, lovely homonyms.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?